ABSOLUTELY! I love sweater weather!
I saw this tag on The Bookish Chick and it seems right up my street, so here we go!
1. Hot Chocolate: What is your comfort book?
I bought Finding Collin Firth by Mia March in the tiny Hull airport while sitting in a wheelchair with a broken leg and on my way home to The Netherlands to be taken care of by my parents. It gave me some well-needed cosy happiness and has been my favourite comfort book ever since.
2. Pumpkin Carving: What is your favourite creative outlet?
I’ve started an art journal this spring and I’m very much enjoying throwing all kinds of techniques and materials together to create something I like without too much pressure. I make collages, layer different kinds of paper, use acrylics and watercolours, and I’ve recently started teaching myself how to make stamps :D.
3. Falling Leaves: Changes that appear bad but you secretly love?
To be honest, I’m the scrooge of summer so I’m quite happy that the weather is getting colder and I can start wearing jumpers and coats again. Really, this poem by Emily Brontë says it all.
4. Pumpkin Spiced Latte: Something you love that others tend to judge?
Writing in my books! I know it’s a bit of a marmite situation in the book blogging community, where some people love it and others find it complete blasphemy.
5. Bonfire Night: What makes you explode with joy?
Having all of my family together <3.
6. Fright Night: Favourite scary film or book?
I’m easily scared so I never really watch/read horror films or thrillers*. Both Orphan Black and Stranger Things really had me at the edge of my seat.
* That said, I did recently finish reading the Cemetery of Forgotten Books series, and their covers say that they’re thrillers, so maybe I’m not such a wuss after all… *pats herself on the back*
7. Halloween Candy: Favourite thing to eat?
French fries! I don’t really eat that much candy, I’m far more into cakes and savoury snacks.
8. Scarves: Your must-have accessory?
I like to wear a lot of rings and whenever I take them off to do the dishes or take a shower my hands feel very naked.
9. Fire: A book or film that burns your soul?
Earlier this year I read Megan Jayne Crabbe’s book Body Positive Power and it filled me with a fiery rage against our fat shaming culture.
10. Toffee Apples: A book or film that seems one thing but really has a different inside?
Boy, Snow, Bird starts as a seemingly ordinary ‘girl runs away from home’ story but its many unexpected turns take it in a completely different direction. The real subject matter of the book only revealed itself to me towards the very end.
That’s it! I’m giving myself an A* for sweater-weather-readiness! 🙂
*Tag, you’re it*
If you decide to do this tag as well, or have already done it please leave a comment because I’m very interested to read your answers :).
3 thoughts on “Book Tag | Are You Ready for Sweater Weather?”
I love looking at art journals! You should totally do a post on it (if you haven’t already idk 😂)
LikeLiked by 1 person
I haven’t yet. That’s a good idea, thanks!
LikeLiked by 1 person