Ever since I opened Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and saw the beautiful ribbon of words J.K. Rowling sent to her readers I’ve had a thing for great book dedications. After a small browsing & brainstorming session, I found five favourites to share with you:
- “To my wife Marganit and my children Ella Rose and Daniel Adam without whom this book would have been completed two years earlier” – Joseph J. Rotman, An Introduction to Algebraic Topology
- “For Phyllis, who made me put the dragons in.” – George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Sword
- “For Colin Firth: You’re a really great guy, but I’m married, so I think we should just be friends.” – Shannon Hale, Austenland
- “This book is dedicated to everybody you hate. Sorry. Life’s like that sometimes.” – Dan Wells, Ruins
- “Hi Dad! *waves*” – Kiera Cass, The Selection
The dedication in the title comes from A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz. Do you have any favourite book dedications?